The typical email marketer …
- is a campaign manager: he creates, deploys and analyzes mailings and manages continual learnings plus fine tunings.
- cultivates customer relationsships instead of just producing transactions or generating leads;
- therefore also thinks strategically, bears long-term objectices in mind, e.g. considering data-refinement and -acquisition;
- is a team player who closely works together with the IT, Database Managers, Product Managers, Marketing, outsourcing partners – like agencies or email service providers) and more;
- is naturally curious and tests everything;
- can handle data – not only by looking at fancy bar-charts, but increasingly also by using data mining techniques and database query languages to find interesting segments and understand responses;
What do you think – does it reflect the job profile of an email marketer sufficiently?
PS: Building such a word cloud
Incidentally, how can you produce such a wordcloud? One quick and dirty way:
- Scrape the sites’ job directory and save the HTML-files using a crawler
- Extract the relevant paragraphs – e.g. …
<?php preg_match(“/dd_content_wrap(.+)dd_ajax_float/isU”, $theemailguide, $result); ?>
… to speak in terms of PHP-regular expressions
(not that I’m a big programmer, but anyway)
- Delete uninteresting frequent words like “email” and “marketing”
(they clinch the rest too much)
- Clean it up a bit more, so it looks something like this RAR’ed text-file
- Paste it into the wordle.net-form – a wonderful tool.