Newsletter & Personal Data
- The information you provide will be transmitted to MailChimp, my email service provider, and stored there in the U.S.;
- I will never hand out any data of yours to other third parties without your prior permission;
- I will only use your data to send you my weekly email marketing roundup newsletter;
- you have a right to demand deletion of you personal data – you can always unsubscribe by clicking the corresponding link in your newsletters (or by sending me an email);
- you thereby accept me processing personal usage profile information, such as “email opened” or “link clicked” – mainly for aggregated statistical purposes;
- you have a right to inspect any stored data concerning your person.
I hate spam. I love transparency. Guess just like you do, right? So …
What personal data do I collect? When you subscribe to the newsletter, the server automatically protocols the following personal data of yours:
- IP-address of your pc,
- its operating system and browser (“useragent”),
- geographical information derived from the IP,
- date and time of the signup,
- the email address entered and
- the signup-source (URL, location).
In addition, when you receive an email and interact with it, each time the following data is registered:
- loading of external images (“email open”) and
- clicks on any links within the email.
Additional personal data than that may be collected if you provide this information voluntarily.
Why do I need to collect and process those information? Well, for the purpose of
- enabling the newsletter service,
- preventing abuse,
- statistical purposes,
- aggregated analysis for optimization and
- tailoring information to your interests.
Unsubscribe and information: You can always ask me for what personal data is stored to your person. Also contact me if you wish to delete it or block your email. Every newsletter contains an unsubscribe-hyperlink with the title “unsubscribe” (“austragen” in German). It’s located at the bottom of the email. By clicking it and confirming your wish to opt out, all your personal data will be deleted. This is of course free of charge. Alternatively you can send me an email to WeeklyPicks@emailmarketingtipps.de containing a request for deletion, blocking or information. (Please mark the email with a preceding [REQUEST] in the subject so I can easily spot it.)
Website-Tracking: Google Analytics
When commenting in this blog, you agree that your IP address will be transmitted to Automattic Inc., 60 29th Street 343, San Francisco, CA 94110-4929, USA for the purpose of recognizing comment-spam.