Newsletter & Personal Data
- The information you provide will be transmitted to MailChimp, my email service provider, and stored there in the U.S.(NOTE*);
- I will never hand out any data of yours to third parties without your prior permission;
- I will only use your data to send you my weekly email marketing roundup newsletter;
- you have a right to demand deletion of you personal data – you can always unsubscribe by clicking the corresponding link in your newsletters (or by sending me an email);
- you thereby accept me processing personal usage profile information, such as “email opened” or “link clicked”, for aggregated statistical purposes;
- you have a right to inspect any stored data concerning your person.
(NOTE*) Personal data from the European Union cannot be send to countries outside the European Economic Area unless they guarantee adequate levels of protection, or unless the person consents. The Rocket Science Group LLC, which runs MailChimp, sits in the United States. According to the the European Court of Justice’s judgement in case C-362/14, the United States may – with regards to European standards – not offer an adequate level of protection of personal data due to the authorities. It is also not clear if the EU-US Privacy Shield heals that. By submitting your email address you neglect that and grant me your consent to store and process all personal data listed below (email address, IP, operating system, email opens, clicks, …) at MailChimp in the US, no matter if authorities like the National Security Agency may be able to access it, too. If you don’t accept that, you cannot subscribe to the newsletter.
I hate spam. I love transparency. Guess just like you do, right? So …
What personal data do I collect? When you subscribe to the newsletter, the server automatically protocols the following personal data of yours:
- IP-address of your pc,
- its operating system and browser (“useragent”),
- referrer data,
- geographical information derived from the IP,
- date and time,
- the email address and
- the signup-source (URL, location).
In addition, when you receive an email and interact with it, each time the above plus the following data is registered:
- loading of external images (“email open”) and
- clicks on any links within the email.
Additional personal data than that may be collected if you provide this information voluntarily.
Why do I need to collect and process those information? Well, for the purpose of
- enabling the newsletter service,
- preventing abuse,
- statistical purposes,
- aggregated analysis for optimization and
- tailoring information to your interests.
Unsubscribe and information: You can always ask me for what personal data is stored to your person. Also contact me if you want to use your right of data portability or data correction, or if you want me to delete or block your email address. Every newsletter contains an unsubscribe-hyperlink with the title “unsubscribe” (“austragen” in German). It’s located at the bottom of the email. By clicking it and confirming your wish to opt out, you will not receive further communications. This is of course free of charge. Alternatively you can send me an email to WeeklyPicks@emailmarketingtipps.de containing a request for deletion, blocking or information.
The legal basis for the processing of the data after registration for the newsletter is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
Please note that your personal data will be completely and permanently deleted only on request. In case of an unsubscribe, your data record is just marked as “unsubscribed” and retained, so that personalization can be resumed in the event of a re-subscription.
The newsletter is never targeted at people under the age of sixteen. Persons who are not yet sixteen years old are not allowed to subscribe.
Website-Tracking: Google Analytics
When commenting in this blog, you agree that your IP address will be transmitted to Automattic Inc., 60 29th Street 343, San Francisco, CA 94110-4929, USA* for the purpose of recognizing comment-spam.