New study from the CMO Council is out, entitled “Integrate to Accelerate Digital Marketing Value – Driving Digital Marketing Performance with the Right Platforms, People, and Processes”. It includes interviews with digital marketing leaders (e.g. Sears & Xerox) and the results of a survey among more than 200 senior corporate marketing leaders. The data shall help to understand, where and why budgets are applied. It also reveals an interesting perspective on our workhorse: email marketing.
- 7% of respondents indicated that they excelled at leveraging data as a core foundation to their digital marketing programs. These data mavens have similar characteristics that have helped drive them to this position. In the next 12 months, they will implement social monitoring (46%) and email (38%) re-investments, campaign and workflow management tools (32%), and marketing resource management applications (27%).
- 67% have found email marketing programs the most effective. Website interface (52%) and Social media activities (48%) follow with a rather large gap. Then come paid and organic search (45%).
- Among the top platforms or applications that are currently deployed are email marketing (75%), web analytics (72%), social media monitoring (56%), and online advertising (49%).
- Being asked, what platforms and solutions are most integrated and aligned across the organization, email (49%), web analytics (37%), social media monitoring (28%), and demand-generation campaigns (28%) all top the list
- The key issue at hand today is not which email platform to deploy or even how to aggregate social data. The key issue is identifying the right resources and structure to support all of these point solutions in a strategy to integrate and align digital marketing across the organization.
Download & Press release:
(PDF, 76 pages, 3 megabytes)