Open and click rates are good things to have, but sometimes it’s more inspiring to look at non-aggregated, discrete, unstructured, plain, personal and sometimes harsh opinions. Reading replies makes email marketing feel more “one-to-one”, and – even better – there much to learn from them.
To gather comments, I placed several short free text fields, for example
- during the sign up (“describe the perfect email marketing newsletter”),
- when rating an email (“what did you like so far, and what not?”),
- and when unsubscribing from future messages.
I read all answers carefully, and I use compliments as testimonials to convince blog readers of signing up.
But for now let’s have a look at
- why people unsubscribed from the weekly email marketing roundup and
- why this is interesting information: